A product launch is a unique opportunity to establish the success of a product. Introducing new products to customers, channels, partners and internal stakeholders is a vital activity for all organizations. Unfortunately product launch planning is often left to the last minute and then executed poorly. This increases costs, wastes constrained organizational resources, squanders valuable business opportunities, delays the take up of new products and ultimately causes good products to fail.
This workshop has been designed to help you deliver successful launches. It uses a combination of research and practical experience of what can go wrong and what it takes to get things right.
Key Learning Objectives
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Deliver successful product launches while avoiding or overcoming the most common pitfalls and problems
- Develop a new product strategy and a product launch plan
- Set-up and use product launch teams to gain support for your product internally and implement your launch plan
- Design a better product launch process
- Identify the type of product you are launching, the position it has in your organization’s product portfolio and the implications of this for a successful new product launch
- Assess new product and its market so you can identify who to target at each stage of product launch to be successful
- Position the new product correctly through identifying the value the product delivers for customers and your organization
- Choose appropriate communications tools for your new launch
- Build a product launch dashboard or scorecard and use it to manage pre and post launch